Place for my Head

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place where we waste time... Yeah.

4 posters

Dimensions of Pain

Den
    Den
    Admin

Dimensions of Pain - Page 2 Empty Re: Dimensions of Pain

Post  Den Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:07 pm

Emotionally, it would be part of Trepidus, which is around horror, fear, terror. I can't think of a better spot for it, if I were to include it.

But I've never been under intense physical pain before, like torture. I can only imagine, emotionally, fear is present.
    LokiBeragist
    LokiBeragist

Post  LokiBeragist Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Treble wrote:
    Den wrote:I just thought, I hope you guys know how to pronounce those latin words; otherwise, they'll have less or more appeal to you.

Either way, it seems you're all accepting the dimensions of pain I've come up with? Or are satisfied for the most part?

I really think there should be a category for physical pain
    Because in a way, it is a type of pain inside your brain

I would say physical pain is based on your brain's chemistry.
    Some people enjoy being hurt, others find it to be terrifying.
    Treble
    Treble
    Admin

Post  Treble Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Den wrote:Emotionally, it would be part of Trepidus, which is around horror, fear, terror. I can't think of a better spot for it, if I were to include it.

But I've never been under intense physical pain before, like torture. I can only imagine, emotionally, fear is present.

It goes under a new category though, like, Suicidal. You just want it all to end
    LokiBeragist
    LokiBeragist

Post  LokiBeragist Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Treble wrote:
    Den wrote:Emotionally, it would be part of Trepidus, which is around horror, fear, terror. I can't think of a better spot for it, if I were to include it.

It goes under a new category though, like, Suicidal. You just want it all to end

Isn't suicidal a conclusion though?
    I dont know about you but when I thought about suicide ( I have before, dont call me emo bitch, yall havent heard about it till now) I didnt feel pain, I was more not wanting to experience it again. ( No, Im not suicidal anymore, I usually laugh if something hurts now) I do want to hear what you have to say though, it's a concept Im not fully convinced n myself since I dont correctly feel emotions.
    Den
    Den
    Admin

Post  Den Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 pm

LokiBeragist wrote:

I dont know about you but when I thought about suicide ( I have before, dont call me emo bitch, yall havent heard about it till now) I didnt feel pain, I was more not wanting to experience it again. ( No, Im not suicidal anymore, I usually laugh if something hurts now) I do want to hear what you have to say though, it's a concept Im not fully convinced n myself since I dont correctly feel emotions.

A squirrel somewhere in China already knows that, Mike. lol I know you thought about it before just because I know you. I've even thought about suicide. Wouldn't do it though. There are people I care about and things I still need to do.

"Suicidal" is a state. "Self-destructive," in another word. It's not an actual emotion. Emotion leads to it.

Also, I will be so bold as to say that physical pain doesn't even deserve a spot. For one, it's not an emotion. Secondly, you have to look at physical pain in the situation, not just the pain itself. It isn't relative. Being tortured versus falling off a bike and breaking a leg is a completely different set of circumstances. For one, your life is in danger and in the hands of someone dangerous. Here we'll see Desertus or Trepidus.

But the physical pain itself is not an emotion, and honestly, I will say that the thought process during physical pain barely registers. Why do I say this? Think about the circumstances of when you last felt great pain. What were you thinking? Here is what I thought:

GOD DAMMIT MOTHER FUCKER SHIT BITCH BASTARD!!!!

And then it ended. Physical pain is definitely unpleasant, but it does not truly register. We fear it, certainly, and we fear more of it.

Also remember there is a very solid line between pain of the body and pain of the heart. Remember that in this case, pain is synonymous with "emotional suffering", not just all things that have to do with the mind.

Moreover, what I am filing as a pain must linger in a person's mind, make them who they are. No one actually thinks back to great physical pain as much as they do the circumstances around it (if those circumstances are even important).

Is anyone following what I mean?
    sleeepygoron
    sleeepygoron

Post  sleeepygoron Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:37 pm

I get it. I hate pyschical pain. (Weird, considering some of the problems I've had, but it never hurt too much, so.) But I'd rather feel the pyshical pain than the emotional. Emotional just fucks me up.
    Den
    Den
    Admin

Post  Den Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:40 pm

You spelled physical wrong. =P Remind we I have a lot of things to teach you. =P

Yeah, but physical pain is nothing against emotional. Emotional is another level.
    sleeepygoron
    sleeepygoron

Post  sleeepygoron Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Den wrote:You spelled physical wrong. =P Remind we I have a lot of things to teach you. =P

Yeah, but physical pain is nothing against emotional. Emotional is another level.

*grumps*

Yes, German class is really screwing with my English. I was much better at spelling and talking before German fucked with my head. Stupid Frau D. I love her to death, though. ^_^
    LokiBeragist
    LokiBeragist

Post  LokiBeragist Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:26 am

Den wrote:
    LokiBeragist wrote:

A squirrel somewhere in China already knows that, Mike. lol I know you thought about it before just because I know you. I've even thought about suicide. Wouldn't do it though. There are people I care about and things I still need to do.

"Suicidal" is a state. "Self-destructive," in another word. It's not an actual emotion. Emotion leads to it.

Also, I will be so bold as to say that physical pain doesn't even deserve a spot. For one, it's not an emotion. Secondly, you have to look at physical pain in the situation, not just the pain itself. It isn't relative. Being tortured versus falling off a bike and breaking a leg is a completely different set of circumstances. For one, your life is in danger and in the hands of someone dangerous. Here we'll see Desertus or Trepidus.

But the physical pain itself is not an emotion, and honestly, I will say that the thought process during physical pain barely registers. Why do I say this? Think about the circumstances of when you last felt great pain. What were you thinking? Here is what I thought:

GOD DAMMIT MOTHER FUCKER SHIT BITCH BASTARD!!!!

And then it ended. Physical pain is definitely unpleasant, but it does not truly register. We fear it, certainly, and we fear more of it.

Also remember there is a very solid line between pain of the body and pain of the heart. Remember that in this case, pain is synonymous with "emotional suffering", not just all things that have to do with the mind.

Moreover, what I am filing as a pain must linger in a person's mind, make them who they are. No one actually thinks back to great physical pain as much as they do the circumstances around it (if those circumstances are even important).

Is anyone following what I mean?

Yeah, I dont have a lengthy response though xD

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:06 am